How to change Malaysian Airlines ticket?
Malaysia Airlines is one of the best airlines providing flexible policies and seamless services to passengers. If you have booked via malaysiaairlines.com, you can Change Malaysian Airlines flight directly through the 'Manage booking' section under the 'My Trip' button on the website or the mobile app. Besides, you can contact the agent directly for assistance if you book tickets via a travel agency. In this article, you will learn how Malaysian Airlines change flight works, policies, and fees. Read it until the end to upgrade and educate yourself.
What are the Steps to change Malaysian Airlines flights?
To change your Malaysian Airlines flight ticket, here are quick steps you can follow:
- Go to the official site of Malaysian Airlines and look for My Booking section
- Enter the booking reference number and last name, and click 'My booking.'
- Select the ticket you want to change, click on change Malaysian Airlines flight
- Make the required modification and click on continue
- Please review the changes you have made and confirm it
- Based on your fare conditions, you might need to pay some charges
- Pay for the change fee and fare difference if applicable; clear it
- You will get a confirmation email soon in your registered email id
Change the Malaysia Airlines ticket over the phone
- Call the Malaysia Airline official number 1 (800) 552-9264.
- Choose language and follow IVR to speak to an Malaysian Airlines agent.
- Once connected, request the agent that you wish to modify your bookings
- Confirm the booking you are referring to and provide details.
- Inform the agent about the changes you want to
- The Malaysia agent will soon do the required modification on your beheld
- Pay for the Malaysian Airlines flight change fee and other charges if applicable, and once the booking is complete, you will soon receive a confirmation email.
What is Malaysian Airlines flight change Policy?
Malaysian Airlines flight change policy applies to tickets you directly purchase from Malaysian Airlines or authorised sources, not to third-party bookings.
- If you wish to make any changes, it must be requested at least 12 hours before departure. Because if the modification is done on the same day, you might need to reissue the ticket, and also change fee applies.
- The Malaysian Airline allows free changes under circumstances like bad weather, bereavement, natural calamities, etc. No change fee applies if the Malaysian Airline makes changes in arrival and departures at their end.
- The Malaysian airline allows you to make the changes online, via mobile app, over the phone, and at the airport. You can contact your agent directly to make any changes for third-party booking.
Malaysia Airlines name change policy
- The Malaysian Airline also gives you 24 hours for Malaysian Airlines change flight process without paying any fee unless the departure is seven dates away. Once the risk-free period passes, you must pay the change fee based on your fare conditions.
- Besides, if you modify your family's name in the malaysian Airlines flight ticket or add a prefix or suffix to the name, the malaysian Airline will charge a name change fee.
- As per the name change policy of Malaysia Airlines, you cannot change your name completely; only minor changes of up to three characters are allowed.
- To make changes in your name, make sure you do it at least 48 hours before the departure.
- In case of legal name changes due to marriage, divorce, etc., you don't need to pay any change fee. However, you must submit the legal documents to support the modifications.
How much does Malaysian Airline charge to change a flight?
Malaysia Airlines does not charge a difference in fee if you complete the malaysian flight change policy within 24 hours and the booking is made seven days or more before departure. However, in case you fail, the change fee applies based on your fare type.
- If you have a non-refundable or standard ticket, you might need to pay the full ticket value as a Malaysian Airlines flight change fee.
- You might also need to pay the change fee if you modify it on the same day of departure. Generally, the Malaysian Airlines Change fee ranges from $125 to $350 if you make changes in the date, name, flight number, and route in some cases. In that case, you must contact the Malaysia Airlines officials via chat, phone number, airport counter, etc.
Conclusion: You can easily change Malaysian Airlines flights anytime without the hassle of reading the information above. Moreover, if you need further details or have any questions, you can call Malaysian Airlines at 1 (800) 552-9264. You can also visit the Malaysian airlines link below for a particular number https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/askmh/contact-details.html. Moreover, you can also log in to your Malaysian Airlines account to access personalized support with the topic.