Can I change My Southwest Airlines ticket?
When the passengers are traveling with Southwest Airlines, they have booked their flight tickets and have made all the preparations for the same. But because of changes in the plan, the passengers need to Change Southwest Airlines flight, and for that, they must be enlightened about all the procedures and the policy that the Southwest Airline has for the flight change. If they are well enlightened about everything related to the flight, then the passengers can change their Southwest flight easily, then they will have to waste less time on the process. Therefore, we will discuss everything about the flight change at Southwest further.
What are the Easiest Steps to change Southwest Airlines flight?
Some passengers like to do things on their own as they have the confidence that they will be able to do it immediately. However, to change the flight Southwest online, the passengers need to know the steps they have to go through, which are given further. They just have to stick to the procedure, and they will be able to Southwest Airlines change flight easily:
- You can Go to the official website of Southwest Airlines.
- Then the passengers need to scroll down a bit and click on the “Change/Cancel.”
- Then they need to add the confirmation number, first and last name, select the change flight from the given options, and click on “Search.”
- The form will appear in which the passengers have to add their new flight ticket details such as the date, time, class, etc.
- Follow the further instructions and pay the flight change charges if applicable.
- Download the new ticket from the website, or the passengers can receive it at their registered email address.
Is There Southwest Airlines flight change Policy?
Before the passengers go ahead with the Southwest Airlines flight change, it is essential for them to know all the rules and regulations of the flight change policy of Southwest Airlines. This way they will be saved from any inconvenience they might face during the process:
- If passengers want to ignore the Southwest Airlines flight change charges, then they need to change their flight ticket within 24 hours of purchase.
- The last-to-last passengers can change their Southwest flight 3 hours prior to the scheduled flight. After this, they will not be permitted to change it.
- According to the Southwest Airlines flight change policy, if the passenger has booked their flight in First or Business class, then they change it without any flight change charges.
- There is no chance that the passengers can change their Southwest flight tickets after they have checked in. They will be left only with the cancellation option.
- Changes such as the name, surname, date of birth, surname, etc., cannot be made to the flight ticket during the Southwest flight change procedure.
- The Southwest flight can be changed as many times as the passengers want, but they will have to pay the fee.
- The flight change charges depend on the class, destination, and the time of changing it.
- Flight can be rescheduled at any time at Southwest Airlines if the passengers are doing it because of some medical emergency or a sudden demise at home.
- For the above-mentioned reasons, the passengers need to submit the required documents.
- The members of the Frequent Flyer Program have the advantage of changing their flight anytime at Southwest, even after check-in, and that too without paying any changes.
- If the tickets were booked through a third party, then they will only deal with any modifications to the ticket.
What are the Southwest Fees to change a flight?
Usually, the Southwest Airline never charges money from its passengers to change the flight ticket. They understood the emergency, but if the passengers have crossed the 3 hours limit of ticket change prior to the scheduled flight, then they will be entitled to pay the Southwest Airlines Change fee according to their ticket type and route.
How to change Southwest Airlines flight tickets on the phone?
Calling the customer service of the Southwest Airline for the flight change is undoubtedly the most convenient method. It will connect the passengers to the Southwest Airlines representative immediately, and they can change their flight tickets:
- Passengers need to dial 1-800-435-9792, the customer service phone number of Southwest Airlines.
- They need to press 1 to pick their preferred language at the Southwest help center.
- If passengers have reservations-related queries or they want to make a reservation, they must press 2.
- The flight change, seat selection, discount offers related queries can be enquired by pressing 3.
- Press 4 for all the cancellation and refund-related issues and queries.
- To speak to the Southwest Airlines executive on the phone, they can press 5.