How can I reschedule my flight without fees?
There are some ground rules established by the airline through which the passengers can Reschedule their flight ticket or even proceed with the cancellation of their flight ticket in case of unavoidable circumstances or delayed flights due to the airline's fault. The passengers can reschedule their flight tickets online through the airline's official website or by contacting the customer service executive. The rules that must be known by the passengers before making the changes to their flight tickets are mentioned here as follows.
- As per the 24 hours risk-free period, the passengers can make the changes to their flight ticket within the initial 24 hours of making the reservation without paying the change fee. However, this rule applies to the flight ticket whose reservation is made at least seven days before the scheduled departure.
- If the passengers change their flight tickets due to any medical emergency, they can also change their flight tickets without paying the change fee. Provided they have to submit the necessary documents supporting their reason for the flight change.
- If the airline changes the flight without informing the passengers in that case, they can process the cancellation and ask for a complete refund and compensation.
- If there is a delay of more than three hours in the scheduled flight departure, the airline will provide them with an alternate flight to their destination and delayed flights compensation from the airline.
- The passengers traveling in economy class are not allowed to make the change in their flight ticket; they need to cancel and make a rebooking.
How to change a flight?
There are three ways to change the flight ticket: inline through the official website, over a phone call, or by visiting the airport. It would be best if you made the changes online to make the changes quickly and without paying the administrative and service charges.
- Find the 'Manage Booking' option on the top tab of the airline's official website.
- Enter the PNR number and last name of the passengers, after which you are required to click on the continue option to proceed further.
- Once you get onto the flight details page, look for the option of change, after which you are required to enter the details along with the date and time you want to rebook your flight ticket.
- Once the details are complete, a list of flights available on the chosen date will appear on your screen, from which you are required to select the one as per your time.
- Select the flight in which you wish to make the change and follow the on-screen instructions to fill out the necessary details.
- Once the details are filled in, you will be redirected to the flight detail page, where you have to recheck all the given information and continue to get onto the payment page.
- Once you get to the payment page, make the payment for the flight fare difference as well as the change fee, if applicable.
- A confirmation email will be sent to your registered email address after the process has been completed.
The passengers can also opt for airline flight cancellations in case of a delay in their flight departure and the airline cannot provide them with an alternate flight on time.